As the world continues to practice social distancing with the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 outbreak, Netflix is helping us feel connected and with this a new feature called Netflix Party we can watch Netflix movies with friends and family remotely.
What is Netflix Party?
Netflix Party is a Google Chrome extension you can install to start watching movies and TV shows with friends and family online. What makes this extension unique is its capability to synchronize video playback, so if the group needs a quick break to grab more popcorn, everyone’s screen will pause and resume at the same time.
What’s more, a group chat feature allows you to type up your thoughts about the flick without having to reach for your phone or open another app.
How do I download the Netflix Party extension?
Once all invitees have a Netflix account and Google Chrome, you will be able to use Netflix Party in seconds following these steps:
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE TECH VIDEOS
- Go to the Netflix Party website and click “Install Netflix Party.”
- Once at the Chrome Web Store, click “Add to Chrome” and then “Add Extension.”
- On the upper right-hand corner, an “NP” icon will appear.
- Go to the Netflix website and select a movie or show to watch.
- Then click on the “NP” icon, and copy and paste the URL.
- Send the link to your friends and start watching together!
If you receive a Netflix Party link, make sure you have the extension installed first. When you click on the link, you’ll be redirected to the Netflix website. Once there, click on the “NP” icon on the top right and join the watch party.
Visual learners can take a look at this video that also breaks down the steps: